The overall focus of the Center is on integrative biology of the liver. Research in the Center is organized into 3 themes as shown here. Within these 3 themes, the research performed by individual Center members is comprehensive, ranging from studies of basic liver cell biology to the development and evaluation of treatments for patients with liver disease.
More information can be found in the adjacent links.
- Understanding and treating liver injury and fibrosis
- Acute and chronic liver disease and liver transplantation
- Immunologic aspects of liver disease
- Understanding liver cell function and dysfunction
- Nutrient and drug metabolism and pharmacogenomics
- Metabolic liver diseases including fatty liver disease
- Genetic liver diseases
- Liver cancer and its complications
- The science of liver development, liver regeneration and carcinogenesis
- Stem cell biology and regenerative therapies for liver disease