For Center members who require advanced histology services, the Liver Center partners with the UCSF Tissue Technology Shared Resource to fulfill custom needs. The Tissue Technology staff works with investigators on several procedures, including but not restricted to:
- optimizing tissue fixation to preserve cellular epitopes for immunodetection
- working up new antibodies for immunohistochemistry (IHC and IF)
- developing protocols for dual and triple antibody staining
- automated staining and photography
- morphometry and 3D image reconstruction
- in situ hybridization, FISH and RNAscope
The Tissue Technology Shared Resource is located on the Mount Zion campus. To learn more about their services and pricing, click here.
The Liver Center offers a discount to its members who use the Tissue Technology Resource for liver-related studies. To obtain the Liver Center discount, please contact the Liver Center administration here before scheduling work. To request work at the Tissue Technology Shared Resource, click here.