Philip Rosenthal, MD
I serve as a resource for several multi-site clinical consortia funded by the NIH including: the Childhood Liver Disease Research and Education Network (ChiLDREN) combining the former Biliary Atresia Research Consortium (BARC) and Cholestatic Liver Disease Consortium (CLiC) which is a prospective database containing clinical information, blood and tissue samples from children with neonatal liver diseases to facilitate research in these important problems, one on management strategies for infants, children, and adolescents with acute liver failure (PALFSG), a patient database and treatment trial capturing the spectrum of fatty liver disease in children (NASH CRN), a pediatric treatment and database to study hepatitis C in children (PEDS-C), the Hepatitis B Consortium to study hepatitis B in children, and Studies of Pediatric Liver Transplantation (SPLIT) to study liver transplantation in childhood.
- Rothbaum Perito E, Lau A, Rhee S, Roberts JP, Rosenthal P. Posttransplant metabolic syndrome in children and adolescents after liver transplantation: a systematic review. Liver Transpl. 2012 Sep;18(9):1009-28.
- Perito ER, Rhee S, Glidden D, Roberts JP, Rosenthal P. Impact of the donor body mass index on the survival of pediatric liver transplant recipients and post-transplant obesity. Liver Transpl. 2012 Aug;18(8):930-9.
- Rook M, Vargas J, Caughey A, Bacchetti P, Rosenthal P, Bull L. Fetal outcomes in pregnancies complicated by intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy in a Northern California cohort. PLoS One. 2012;7(3):e28343.
- Feng S, Ekong UD, Lobritto SJ, Demetris AJ, Roberts JP, Rosenthal P, Alonso EM, Philogene MC, Ikle D, Poole KM, Bridges ND, Turka LA, Tchao NK. Complete immunosuppression withdrawal and subsequent allograft function among pediatric recipients of parental living donor liver transplants. JAMA. 2012 Jan 18;307(3):283-93.
- Liver Injury and Repair
- Phone: (415) 476-5892
- Fax: (415) 476-1343
- 500 Parnassus Ave.
- Box 0136, MU 415E
- San Francisco, CA. 94143-0136